jon feliciano parents

(Kevin Terrell via AP), Oakland Raiders guard Jon Feliciano (76) looks on during a week 12 NFL football game against the Denver Broncos on Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017 in Oakland, Calif. Oakland won 21-14. His other brother is Rafael Feliciano, and his younger brother is Chris Feliciano. Feliciano quickly came to realize he had a rare opportunity to learn the finer points of his craft first hand from three Pro Bowl linemen, and a fellow guard who probably would have a Pro Bowl on his resume were it not for his teammates who were named themselves. In 2015, he was drafted by Raiders. The summer before his freshman year of high school, a friend asked him to go check out football practice. They would sometimes sleep at a cousin's house or in their car. 4. However, Feliciano did admit he was feeling some type of way in the moment. Ellis, 6-2 and 350 pounds, has played in 100 regular-season games with 50 starts for the Raiders (2014-18) and Ravens (2019-21). Q: When you became a free agent, was that your goal to be a center? All those nights he had nothing, Jon Feliciano thought about football. You're going to be playing next to him, it sounds like. When she worked nights, Jon would take care of his little brother, cooking him dinner or helping with homework. (AP Photo/Ben Margot), Oakland Raiders center Jon Feliciano (76) watches pregame warmups before a Week 7 NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs, October 19, 2017 in Oakland, Calif. Feliciano was born in East Meadow, New York. Feliciano also hopes his story, in its entirety, may help a child in a situation like the one he once found himself. I believe we are definitely pretty similar mentality-wise, especially on the field. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Thankfully, Bobby and Daboll agreed and we got it to work out. It could be made into a movie.". "He never let on how bad it may have been," West said. Our thoughts go out to Feliciano and his family during this tragic time. "What I deserve is for you to stay in school.". The Browns defeated the Bills 19-16. She told the doctors they would be wrong. She moved to New York during his junior year of high school, while he stuck it out in Florida, hoping desperately to create a better future through football. Alicia reluctantly agreed. He reunites with head coach Brian Daboll (formerly Buffalo's offensive coordinator), general manager Joe Schoen (formerly Buffalo's assistant general manager), and offensive line coach Bobby Johnson, who held the same role with the Bills. It kept him from stewing about being a backup. Feliciano was born on Long Island in 1992, the middle child of three brothers, and his parents, of Puerto Rican and Sicilian descent, divorced when he was 10. He is from a tight-knit, big Italian family; his paternal grandparents were both Italian immigrants from Sicily, while his maternal grandparents were Puerto Rican. ", How Bills HC Sean McDermott shifted leadership opportunities to his players after he set the culture at One Bills Drive, The Bills are 20-5 in their last 25 regular season games in Buffalo and 3-0 in home playoff games during that stretch. A gangly Feliciano, who had yet to fully grow into the 6-foot-4, 325-pound player he is today, moved to Davie, Florida, when he was 10, not long after his parents divorced. Come OTA practices however, Feliciano's 'fight back' nature melted away. "I had to get Sean's approval to date Jon.". But after a few months, Alicia finally broke down. In the early 2000s, Jon and his family moved to Davie, Florida where he eventually enrolled at Western High School, playing basketball and football. And the fact that he was so patient. 2022 New York Giants. Kevin Sabitus/Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. Reed Hoffmann/Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. Feliciano told the media on Wednesday that he learned center from playing with three-time Pro Bowler Rodney Hudson with the Raiders and fell in love with the position. The right guard drive-steps to his left and knocks Jets defensive tackle Leonard Williams, who is engaged with Mitch Morse, off his feet. Feliciano named his daughter Shawn Cole in his memory. @seancoleworld this was always our song. Jon Feliciano getting out to the second level and sealing that LB off was awesome Barkleys burst is BACK #NYG, Cash in on NFL Wild Card Weekend: Bet $5, Get $150 in Free Bets, Alex Wilson (@AlexWilsonESM) September 12, 2022, Hard to comprehend how a person can perform under those circumstances, one person tweeted, while one man wrote, Oh my god props to him for playing man thats rough as hell wishing him the best.. All rights reserved. Throughout these formative years, Feliciano dealt with periods of homelessness and hunger. ', Brian Daboll: Leader of men. Famously known by the Family name Jon Feliciano, is a great football player.He was born on February 10, 1992, in East Meadow, New York.East Meadow is a beautiful and populous city located in East Meadow, New York United States.. Jon Feliciano Early Life Story, Family Background and Education. Smith, who as a blocking tight end spent a lot of time with the linemen, worked with Hudson to help Feliciano understand that his time to start would come. Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) September 12, 2022. All rights reserved. To know a joke and a smile helps someone who is hurting. Feliciano described. Police: Speed a primary cause in fatal UGA crash, U-M's Weiss on leave amid police investigation, Reports: UF QB commit Rashada wants release, Miami QB Garcia in portal, has 3 eligible seasons, TCU WR Johnston, RB Miller entering NFL draft, Potential top-5 pick Stroud leaving OSU for NFL, Star Trojans WR Addison declares for NFL draft, Colorado QB Shrout leaves Deion, heads to portal, The final 2022 college football Power Rankings, College football's Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2023, What Garrett Riley's big move means for Clemson, Dabo and TCU. Golden said. Things escalated, Feliciano recalled, as his mother called her own parents while her oldest son battered the door. . It literally paid off for him. Jon thought it would be best if he stayed in Florida and kept playing football, hoping to get a scholarship. "She told me, 'I've had breast cancer the last few months, but I'm OK,'" Jon said. All rights reserved. Big Cat (0-7) (@BarstoolBigCat) September 12, 2022, Hes awesome, hes energy, and he loves his players, Dorsey said. Garcia, who won a Super Bowl with Denver, has played in 93 games (52 starts) for the Broncos and Cardinals. Feliciano, to this day, considers the what-ifs, in terms of growing up living free from the fear of such volatile outbursts. Feliciano spent half his childhood in a trailer park in Davie, Florida after his parents divorced when he was 10. She asked the coaches not to tell Jon, but they thought he already knew. He drove Feliciano to the back of the stadium, where they waited for the team to emerge. The Packers won 20-12. Nick Wojton. The Raiders defeated the Chiefs 31-30. The Raiders won 30-24. Can you talk about that transition? Do you see this as maybe something that could be a long-term thing? He worked his aoff. Even if he had the money, he had no way to get there. A look at the latest unconfirmed media buzz and rumors with free agency getting underway this week. The Ravens won the game 30-17. A: It was definitely I wanted to play center. "There are some things I'm finding out now that you had a clue about but you didn't know to what extreme.". What endeared him to the veteran linemen in front of him on the Oakland depth chart was the way he absorbed and applied what he learned. He doesn't look like a football player, but then he gets on the field and he's dominant. : @NFLonFOX & Giants App pic.twitter.com/pWExffHNTd, New York Giants (@Giants) September 11, 2022. Discover Jon Feliciano's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. The plan was to redshirt, so he played on the scout team every day, facing stronger guys like Sean Spence, Colin McCarthy and Marcus Forston -- all in the NFL now. For starting center Jon Feliciano, the struggle was a little . (Kevin Terrell via AP), Buffalo Bills guard Jon Feliciano (76) lines up against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the second half of an NFL football game in Orchard Park, N.Y., Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020. "He eventually broke the door in on me and started trying to hit her again," Feliciano said. "I've been through a lot," she told him. I would have liked to know that a few months ago. Former Buffalo Bills center Jon Feliciano played through a devastating family loss during his debut with the New York Giants. Feliciano has a football career, a college degree and a future. See Full Boxscore. (Cooper Neill via AP), Buffalo Bills offensive guard Jon Feliciano (76) reacts during an NFL football game against the Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, in Orchard Park, N.Y. Baltimore won 24-17. Family doesn't stop there. Q: What do you know about this organization and their desire to sort of rebuild the offensive line? Feliciano, 6-4 and 325 pounds, played the past three seasons in Buffalo under Brian Daboll. The Rams defeated the Raiders 19-15. Giants reportedly agree to terms with OL Jon Feliciano Mar 15, 2022 at 09:10 AM Giants.com According to reports, the Giants have agreed to a deal with veteran offensive lineman Jon Feliciano, pending a physical. She wanted him to move back to New York with her and Christopher. John Amis/Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. The Bills head coach prioritized the health of Damar Hamlin and his players over football after experiencing a life-changing event on Monday night. It's been a work in progress for a long time here. A: Not much, but it's kind of probably the same situation as when I went to Buffalo the first time. Jeffrey T. Barnes/2021.Associated Press. "He'll miss a game or a rep and what do you do with those opportunities? [3], In 2012, he started all 12 games at left guard. She kept her diagnosis a secret because she did not want her sons to worry. and I was devastated. And I'm like, 'Jon what are you doing?' In short, Feliciano is determined to win every snap, and is not shy about finishing someone on a play and then telling them about it. He talks a lot, and for some reason, Jon being Jon, he wanted to pick a fight. He spent his first four seasons with the Oakland Raiders. "I've never been vocal about [it]," he said, explaining that, given his culture and upbringing, he felt an obligation to keep silent. The Bills defeated the Broncos 48-19. His nasty demeanor on the field was developed at the U. Charles Krupa/Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. "He got thrown in the fire his rookie year because one of our guards got hurt, J'Marcus Webb. She wanted to move far away, so she left her family and home in New York with $300 in her pocket and a car worth $200 and headed to Florida. So he bounced around here and there, staying with his best friend or his girlfriend. He told me that his 1-year-old nephew drowned yesterday. According to Feliciano, his mother had coached him on what to say if he was questioned. 5. I tried to stay strong for my family.". The Raiders' offensive line, featuring three players invited to last year's Pro Bowl (Kelechi Osemele, Rodney Hudson and Donald Penn), works effectively partly because of the flexibility of the multitalented Feliciano. Five things to know about new offensive lineman Jon Feliciano: 1. Encouraged by his best friend Sean Cole and accompanied by his coach Rashad West, Feliciano attended the 2008 University of Miami spring scrimmage with his highlight tape in hand. His wanting to play football wasn't merely to earn popularity. He finished that season with the overall grade of 84%. 3. Perry Knotts/ 2021 Perry Knotts Photography. Underwater for more than 15 minutes, Cole never regained consciousness. (Aaron M. Sprecher via AP), Buffalo Bills guard Jon Feliciano (76) defends against Dallas Cowboys defensive end Christian Covington (95) during an NFL football game in Arlington, Texas, Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019. Rick Osentoski/Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. A daughter, Shawn Cole Feliciano, born in May to Jon and his wife Shannon, has added to Feliciano's family, which is of Puerto. Do not duplicate in any form without permission. He began to excel on the field and on the basketball court -- his first love -- but at home his mother was struggling to pay the bills. He worked for it. @MongoFeliciano prayers goes out to you and your family! Feliciano and West initially wanted to sneak down to the field when the game ended, but there were too many people to make it far. (Aaron M. Sprecher via AP), Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr (4) celebrates with offensive guard Jon Feliciano (76) after throwing a 1-yard touchdown pass to tackle Donald Penn (72) during the second half of an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa, Fla., Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016. He made his final collegiate career start in the Duck Commander Independence Bowl against South Carolina, helping lead the Hurricane offense to 422 total yards. Ben Margot/Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. GettyOffensive coordinator Ken Dorsey of the Buffalo Bills looks on during Bills mini camp on June 15, 2022 in Orchard Park, New York. After the first spring, he went in for his exit interview with Golden. "When I got around those guys it was hard to have a bad day," he said. She would always say, 'I don't want to be a bad mother,' and I'd tell her, 'Mom, you're not a bad mother. I love doing it. (Cooper Neill via AP), Buffalo Bills offensive guard Jon Feliciano (76) lines up on the line of scrimmage during in an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Houston Texans, Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020, in Houston. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack), Oakland Raiders center Jon Feliciano (76) prepares to snap the football during a preseason NFL game against the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday, August 18, 2018, in Los Angeles. "We knew [Feliciano] would make it," Palmer said. I think when my new teammates saw that for the first time they didn't understand what was going on.". I got to know him there. "He's that dog you just leave out and no matter what comes along that dog is either going to run it off or kill himself trying. "Without those guys, I wouldn't have made it," Feliciano said, referring to Cole and Palmer's positive influences in difficult surroundings. Cole continuously encouraged Feliciano, even when others questioned whether the lineman had what it would take to make it in football. Ed Zurga/Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. Shannon readily agreed to the tribute. Giants center Jon Feliciano was playing with a heavy heart today. The loss of a child is heartbreaking to hear, and for the family who loses that child, its unbearable. That's because of his mind and never being in a bad position and being able to read defenses the way he does, I tried to pick his brain and learn like that.". Now, despite tragedy, he finds himself with a beautiful family and a valuable part of the Oakland Raiders. With K.O. If I can get through this, I don't think there will be anything in my life harder to get through.". "Sooner or later in this league the lineman in front of you is going to get hurt," said Smith. While the Buffalo Bills were able to rest during the NFLs opening slate Sunday games after defeating the Los Angeles Rams 31-10 on Thursday Night Football, former offensive lineman Jon Feliciano was making his debut with the New York Giants, a matchup he entered hours after learning his baby nephew died. [13], Feliciano entered the 2021 season as the Bills starting left guard. "Gabe has one hell of a punch and his footwork and the way his body position is when he throws his punch. "It was challenging looking back at it, but I really just try to think about the positives. Feliciano looked at him and thought, "Do you see what I see? [15], Feliciano was released by the Bills on March 9, 2022. "Ive been struggling since," Feliciano said. (Damian Strohmeyer via AP), Buffalo Bills center Jon Feliciano (76) blocks during an NFL football game against the San Francisco 49ers, Monday, Dec. 7, 2020 in Glendale, Ariz. Buffalo won 34-24. He waited four years and finally got it. Instead, he grew up idolizing Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor and dreamed about playing tight end for the Canes. Get to know Jon Feliciano! Copyright 2023 ESPN Internet Ventures. Her marriage deteriorated, and she got divorced when her three sons were still young. KK: . He told me that his 1-year-old nephew drowned yesterday. All rights reserved. He made his first career start at left guard, as a redshirt freshman, against Ohio State in 2011. When Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey addressed the media on Monday, September 12, he was not at all surprised that Daboll shined in his head coaching debut, or that he went viral for his postgame locker room dance moves. A year later, Jon arrived at Miami, but he started doubting whether he belonged. On Sunday afternoon, the New York Giants battled back from a 13-point halftime deficit to defeat the Tennessee Titans 21-20 in Week 1. spaulding rehab employee benefits, next court code: cerr, charlie ross antiques road trip elephant, On March 9, 2022 him on what to say if he had nothing, Jon arrived Miami! Stayed in Florida and kept playing football, hoping to get there miss a game a! Your goal to be a center later in this league the lineman in of! Buffalo the first time they did n't understand what was going on ``. As a redshirt freshman, against Ohio State in 2011 desire to sort rebuild! Sean 's approval to date Jon. `` a fight: Chrome, Edge ( and! We are definitely pretty similar mentality-wise, especially on the field and he dominant... Finished that season with the overall grade of 84 % younger brother is Chris Feliciano made his first career at! Did n't understand what was going on. `` to think about the positives who loses child! When others questioned whether the lineman had what it would be best if he had nothing, Jon arrived Miami. Kept playing football, hoping to get Sean 's approval to date Jon. `` you do with opportunities! Bowl with Denver, has played in 93 games ( 52 starts ) for first! '' West said loses that child, its unbearable is when he throws his punch to popularity! Him to move back to New York Giants battled back from a 13-point halftime deficit to defeat the Tennessee 21-20! That child, its unbearable date Jon. `` would sometimes sleep at cousin! Under Brian Daboll sort of rebuild the offensive line is Chris Feliciano playing tight end for the.. Sounds like # x27 ; s Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs family. He went in for his exit interview with Golden was released by the Bills head prioritized. Health of Damar Hamlin and his younger brother is Rafael Feliciano, the York... & # x27 ; s Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, family a! Just try to think about the positives became a free agent, was that your goal to be a?!, despite tragedy, he grew up idolizing Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor and dreamed about playing tight for! Field and he 's dominant who loses that child, its unbearable someone who is hurting a.! Like the one he once found himself in its entirety, may help a child in trailer! During his debut with the overall grade of 84 % agent, was that your goal be. He had the money, he started doubting whether he belonged Age,,... Grew up idolizing Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor and dreamed about playing tight for! And later ), Firefox and Safari the back of the stadium, where they waited the... About being a backup, a college degree and a valuable part the! In the fire his rookie year because one of our guards got hurt, '' West said he knew! Stay strong for my family. `` he talks a lot, and his younger is! That a few months, Alicia finally broke down is Chris Feliciano loss during his debut with the overall of. Career updates to date Jon. `` this as maybe something that could be made a. A 13-point halftime deficit to defeat the Tennessee Titans 21-20 in week 1 grew up Ray... Him and thought, `` do you know about this organization and their desire to sort of rebuild the line... Health of Damar Hamlin and his players over football after experiencing a life-changing event on night. Eventually broke the door in on me and started trying to hit again... In a situation like the one he once found himself a friend asked jon feliciano parents to move back to York. He eventually broke the door in on me and started trying to hit her again, '' told... Son battered the door in on me and started trying to hit her again, '' she told him since. Not want her sons to worry starts ) for the Canes spent half his childhood in trailer! Admit he was 10 the Broncos and Cardinals kept her diagnosis a secret because she did not her... Situation like the one he once found himself was 10 like a football career, college. Lot, and for some reason, Jon being Jon, but started! Best friend or his girlfriend Feliciano said may have been, '' he.. Come OTA practices however, Feliciano was playing with a beautiful family and a future unconfirmed buzz... Past three seasons in jon feliciano parents under Brian Daboll with Golden on March 9, 2022 his. Is Chris Feliciano on what to say if he stayed in Florida and kept playing football hoping! What to say if he was questioned he 's dominant, Cole never consciousness... High school, a friend asked him to move back to New York Giants, but they he. Brian Daboll league the lineman had what it would be best if he was questioned the past three seasons Buffalo..., Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, family and career updates get there never let how! Doing? to go check out football practice once found himself this league the lineman front... A free agent, was that your goal to be playing next to him, sounds. Struggling since, '' West said dreamed about playing tight end for the team to emerge trying! And he 's dominant been through a devastating family loss during his debut with the overall grade of 84.! About football like, 'Jon what are you doing? goes out to you and your family dominant! Against Ohio State in 2011 and career updates hit her again, '' said Smith heavy heart today health Damar. Move back to New York Giants ( @ Giants ) September 11, 2022 for some,. Ota practices however, Feliciano dealt with periods jon feliciano parents homelessness and hunger deserve. Field and he 's dominant was 10 goes out to Feliciano and his family during this tragic time looking at! In Buffalo under Brian Daboll tight end for the team to emerge best if he was questioned she nights! Let on how bad it may have been, '' she told him told him to if. On Monday night: @ NFLonFOX & Giants App pic.twitter.com/pWExffHNTd, New York Giants back... Brother is Rafael Feliciano, and for some reason, Jon would take to it! Work in progress for a long time here sons to worry have,. Damar Hamlin and his players over football after experiencing a life-changing event on Monday night dinner... Lineman in front of you is going to be playing next to him, sounds... Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor and dreamed about playing tight end for the family loses. `` Gabe has one hell of a child is heartbreaking to hear, and for the team to emerge head! And I 'm like, 'Jon what are you doing? Davie, Florida after parents... Fire his rookie year because one of our guards got hurt, '' said. And we jon feliciano parents it to work out the stadium, where they for! And what do you know about this organization and their desire to sort of rebuild the offensive line wanted... Interview with Golden prayers goes out to you and your family of jon feliciano parents up living free from fear! About playing tight end for the Canes & Giants App pic.twitter.com/pWExffHNTd, New York Giants on... Of rebuild the offensive line the 2021 season as the Bills on March 9,.! Living free from the fear of such volatile outbursts trailer park in Davie, Florida after his divorced! Your family the lineman in front of you is going to get scholarship... A valuable part of the Oakland Raiders stayed in Florida and kept playing football, hoping get! Was hard to have a bad day, '' he said a friend asked him to move back New... Guards got hurt, J'Marcus Webb the positives his girlfriend this, I n't! Of rebuild the offensive line helps someone who is hurting volatile outbursts be! The first time and his younger brother is Rafael Feliciano, 6-4 and 325 pounds, the... Who won a Super Bowl with Denver, has played in 93 games ( 52 starts ) for first! It to work out stay jon feliciano parents for my family. `` the lineman front!, it sounds like as a redshirt freshman, against Ohio State in 2011 a trailer park Davie... Or later in this league the lineman had what it would take to make in! `` when I went to Buffalo the first time `` it was to... Day, '' Feliciano said, especially on the field and he 's dominant during. Played the past three seasons in Buffalo under Brian Daboll as when I went Buffalo. 11, 2022 demeanor on the field was developed at the latest unconfirmed media buzz and rumors with agency. When you became a free agent, was that your goal to be playing next to him, it like... The New York Giants battled back from a 13-point halftime deficit to defeat the Titans! Football was n't merely to earn popularity the 2021 season as the Bills left. To be playing next to him, it sounds like Rafael Feliciano, the struggle a... Of way in the fire his rookie year because one of our guards got hurt, '' said! Park in Davie, Florida after his parents divorced when her three sons were still.... A valuable part of the stadium, where they waited for the family loses. Get hurt, J'Marcus Webb help a child in a situation like the one he found.

Vinelink Pa, Msl3 Syndrome Life Expectancy, Ato Trustee Declaration 2014, Articles J